AIR Traffic Display, ATD-11
The ADT-11 has a larger display than most FLARM traffic displays - making it easier to see in flight. Its 2.7 inch diagonal (55x41mm) screen is significantly larger than the 2 inch (40x30mm) screen used on the old "Butterfly Rectangular Display" and the LXNAV FlarmView and LXNAV FlarmView57. It is slightly larger than the 2.5 inch diagonal screen used in the LXNAV TrafficView57, and smaller than the 3.5 inch diagonal display used in the LXNAV TrafficView80.
- The ATD-11 has a 1/4"-20 (standard camera mount) theaded hole on the back into which a RAM-A-237U 9/16" ball can be installed. A RAM-A-201U 1.75" standard length arm or RAM-A-201U-B 3.25" long arm and RAM-A-238U diamond base or RAM-A-336U base with 9/16" ball is used to mount the assembly to the instrument panel, instrument panel cover, or cockpit sidewall.
- The ATD-11 also has 4 small threaded holes on the back of the unit into which 4 small screws (included) can be used. Two of the holes are along the top of the back of the unit and 2 are along the bottom of the back of the unit. For a panel-mounted installation a rectangular hole of about 88 x 43 mm could be used. The small mounting screws would be used above and below the rectangular cutout. The holes are spaced 50 mm apart horizontally and 47.47 mm vertically.
Enhance Your Traffic Awareness
AIR Traffic Display is our newly designed premium display solution for traffic data. It features robust hardware, a sunlight readable display and advanced functionality reducing flightcrew workload and increasing traffic awareness. Air Traffic Display works well with many collision avoidance devices like TRX, FLARM®, or systems with GARMIN® TIS interface.
Note: The manufacturer does not include a microSD memory card. One can be added at check-out for $10. I will load the latest FlarmNet file onto the microSD memory card. I highly recommend this option.
The newly designed traffic indicator - From the inventors of the graphic FLARM®-Display
With the "Butterfly Displays" we have introduced the first graphic FLARM® Displays back in 2007. We have used all of our experience and the results of current university research to design a truly new and powerful traffic indicator from scratch. AIR Traffic Display supports pilots and effectively enhances traffic awareness. Its unique user interface helps understanding traffic situations more precisely and its intuitive warning features provide reliable data for making well founded split-second decisions in hazardous traffic situations.
Works well with popular collision warning systems
There are many different collision warning systems on the market. AIR Traffic Display is compatible to many systems, even if they are older. It works with all FLARM® compatible systems, ADS-B-IN devices, and with systems that use the GARMIN® TIS protocol. AIR Traffic Display comes with a standard cable and easily integrates into existing installations.
Robust, premium hardware
The new AIR Traffic Display is perfectly readable in bright sunlight yet it draws very little power. It can be used at day and night. The robust all-metal design has been developed and tested to comply with aviation standards.
We have added a list of new and unique functions to increase safety. A new radar symbology helps differentiating gliders from powered aircraft. The new alert view helps to avoid misinterpretations in conflicting traffic situations. Traffic is also monitored after signal loss with a tracking of its probable position.
Better through research
Many functions of the new AIR Traffic Display have been developed as a result of current research projects at leading research facilities such as the Institute of Flight Systems and Automatic Control at the Technical University of Darmstadt.
AIR Traffic Display is compatible to all FLARM® compatitle systems, many ADS-B-IN devices, and with systems that use the GARMIN® TIS protocol. It directly works with TRX-Devices, FLARM®-Devices, PowerFLARM®-Devixes, LX-FLARM® and many other units from different manufacturerers without configuration. Included with delivery is a standard-FLARM®-Cable (RJ45).
AIR Traffic Display can directly replace an old Butterfly Display or a different FLARM®-Display. It is covered by Minor Change Approvals for TRX-Devices or FLARM®-Comaptible Systems as well as EASA Standard Changes. It therefore can be installed into a broad range of aircraft without re-certification.
- Input voltage range 9V to 32V DC, no additional regulators required
- Power consumption typ. ca. 40mA at 12V, max. ca. 80mA (Alert Sounder Active)
- No active cooling required
- TFT Display
- Brightness: 400 cd/mm²
- 320 x 240 pixels
- LCD Viewing Area: 55x41mm
- Very high contrast ratio, perfectly readable in sunlight
- Automatic ambient light adaption
- RS232 NMEA (FLARM® Protocol)
- RS232 GARMIN® TIS
- ARINC 825 CAN Bus for future applications
Dimensions and Weight
- Device (without rotary knob): 100.5 x 50.5 x 22 mm
- Weight ca. 140g
- Display of 3D Traffic, e.g. FLARM® or ADS-B and 2D traffic e.g. Transponders (depends on connected traffic system)
- Optical and aural traffic warnings (alert sounder integrated)
- Optical and aural obstacle warnings (alert sounder integrated, depends on connected traffic system)
- Target identification via FLARMNet Database. Updateable via microSD Card.
- Tactical functions for gliderpilots (circling detection, climb-rate-filter)
- Tracking of targets out of reception range
- Software updates via microSD Card (microSD card not included)
|Display Size Comparison|
Optional RAM Mount
Optional RAM Mount
Optional RAM Mount
|Functions||-Display of 3D Traffic, e.g. FLARM® or ADS-B and 2D traffic e.g. Transponders (depends on connected traffic system) -Optical and aural traffic warnings (alert sounder integrated) -Optical and aural obstacle warnings (alert sounder integrated, depends on connected traffic system) -Target identification via FLARMNet Database. Updateable via microSD Card. -Tactical functions for gliderpilots (circling detection, climb-rate-filter) -Tracking of targets out of reception range -Software updates via microSD Card (microSD card not included)|
|Interfaces||-RS232 NMEA (FLARM® Protocol) -RS232 GARMIN® TIS -ARINC 825 CAN Bus for future applications|
|Power||-Input voltage range 9V to 32V DC, no additional regulators required -Power consumption typ. ca. 40mA at 12V, max. ca. 80mA (Alert Sounder Active) -No active cooling required|
|Display||-TFT Display -Brightness: 400 cd/mm² -320 x 240 pixels -LCD Viewing Area: 40.5 x 32.2 mm -Very high contrast ratio, perfectly readable in sunlight -Automatic ambient light adaption|
|Dimensions and Weight||-Device (without rotary knob): 61,5 x 61,5 x 30 mm -57mm (2.25") standard cutout -Weight ca. 140g|
- Brands Air Avionics
- Product Code: AIR-ATD-11
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Traffic Display