The new FlarmView is a very small and simple display for use with FLARM and PowerFLARM products. It can display FLARM traffic warnings. It can also display warnings for ADS-B traffic and Mode C and Mode S transponder traffic. The user-interface consists of a single pushbutton which is easy to use in flight. The built-in speaker is very loud - which is important for traffic alerts.
The video below shows the LXNAV FlarmLED displaying non-directional (Mode C/S transponder) traffic. The direction to the traffic is not known.
Very Small Size
Note: This unit is very small. From the images, you may imagine that it is about the same size as a FlarmView display. It is only about 2/3 as wide as a FlarmView rectangular display - being only 1.65 inches (42 mm) wide and 0.98 inches (25 mm) tall. The dimensions are listed below and shown in the drawing at right. Don't get me wrong - small is good - it will fit into small places on your panel that other displays wouldn't fit. The user-interface is so simple that it is very easy to read at a glance - despite its small size.
- 12 bright 2-color LEDs indicate the direction of other aircraft
- Single push-button - for adjusting audio volume, settings, etc.
- Vertical position is displayed with 5 LEDs
- Very loud audio warning
- Near mode - displays targets in yellow if they are nearby but not a threat
- Configurable baudrates
- Double-seater configuration - setup on display as the master and all others as slaves
- Compatible with all FLARMs and POWERFlarms
- The small size is easy to install in the tightest of panels
- Supports all FLARM warnings found in the FLARM 6.0 specification
- Displays non-directional traffic warnings - (Mode C and Mode S transponder traffic) - when connected to a device such as a PowerFLARM Core which supports those traffic types
- Extremely bright bicolor LEDs
- Pushbutton - to adjust beep volume
- Nearmode function
- PCAS warnings - undirected
- Adjustable baudrate
- Slave mode (1 display is master, all additional displays are slaves)
- Progress indication (during flight transfer, firmware updates, obstacle updartes...)
Input and Output
- Serial RS232 input/output
- 12 bicolor LEDs for direction
- 5 LEDs for vertical angle
- 3 LEDs for GPS, Rx and Tx indication
- 3.3V DC
- 10 mA @ 12V (120mW)
Size and Weight
- Size: 42 x 25 x 5 mm (1.65 x 0.98 x 0.20 inches)
- Weight: 10 g (0.35 ounces)
- FlarmLED display
- Power/data cable with RJ11 connector for connection to the back of the unit and RJ45 connector for connection to FLARM or PowerFLARM display port,
Cable Length: 24 inches (Let me know after ordering if you need a longer cable.)
- Printed manual
Details are available in the FlarmLED manual which is available here.
- Brands LXNAV
- Product Code: LXNAV-FlarmLED
- Availability: In Stock