Wing Tie-Down Cradle
The SoaringXX Wing Tie-Down Cradle is designed for safely and securely holding a sailplane wing for tying-down at a soaring event. Slots are provided on the bottom for use with your tie-down straps or ropes.
Note: These are sold individually - not in pairs. If you need one for each wing, you'll want to order 2.
For the most secure long-term use, you may want to use a rope or strap over the top of the cradle.
In stock at Cumulus Soaring, Inc. in Minnesota. Shipping is not included.
Thick foam protects the wing surface and nylon straps and foam protect the wing trailing edge.
Easy to adjust - to fit your sailplane's wing.
Note: The photos show the unit assembled to fit a wing chord of 22.5 inches (57.2 cm).
Note: The tie-down slots on the bottom have somewhat sharp edges. You may want to file or sand them to make them less sharp - or use tape plastic to protect any tie-down straps or ropes. Of course, the sharp edges aren't an issue if you use straps that have metal hooks.
- Max. Wing Chord Length: ~26.5 inches (52.1 cm)
- Min. Wing Chord Length: ~20.5 inches (67.3 cm)
- Length: 27 inches (69 cm)
- Width: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Height: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Weight: 10.2 pounds (4.63 kg)
- Nut Size Used for Length Adjustment: 13 mm
Tested and proven on the following types - so far:
- ASG 29, ASG 31, ASG 32
- Club Libelle
- DG100, DG300, DG800, DG-1000
- Discus 2c
- Duo Discus
- Lak 17, Lak 19
- Ventus 3
- Brand: SoaringXX
- Product Code: SX-Wing-Tie-Down-Cradle
- Availability: In Stock