This innovative wing wheel features a wheel that rotates freely about the vertical axis. This avoids the situation where the wing wheel is not quite aligned with the direction of travel and scrubs and jumps across on the ground as the glider is moved. It eliminates bending and twisting forces on the glider wing. Also having no scrubbing means that the tire will last longer. The small pneumatic wheel mechanism has a spring suspension to minimize shock.
In stock at Cumulus Soaring, Inc. in Minnesota. Shipping is not included in the prices at right.
The unique design accommodates sailplane wings of all shapes and sizes - one size fits all!
Easy to adjust - to fit your sailplane's wing.
Folds easily - for easy storage
- Width: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Max. Wing Chord Length: ~26.5 inches (52.1 cm)
- Min. Wing Chord Length: ~20.5 inches (67.3 cm)
- Wheel Diameter: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Wheel Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Min. Height: 85cm (29.5 inches)
- Max. Height: 90 cm (35.4 inches)
- Weight: 20 pounds (9.072 kg)
Thick foam protects the wing surface and plastic-coated steel cables protect the wing trailing edge.
Tested and proven on the following types - so far:
- ASG 29, ASG 31, ASG 32
- Club Libelle
- DG100, DG300, DG800
- Discus 2c
- Duo Discus
- Lak 17, Lak 19
- Ventus 3
- Brands SoaringXX
- Product Code: SX-Wing-Walker
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Wing Walker