DN/ST - Total Energy Probe - for ST1 mounting adapters - Most Popular
This "V" style TE Probe is the latest and highest performance TE probe available. It offers very good Total Energy compensation. It is exceptionally good at accommodating horizontal air movement caused by horizontal gusts or yawing of the aircraft. This version is compatible with ST1 mounting adapters - which have been built into many sailplanes.
Here's a nice sailplane high-speed / low-altitude pass video which clearly shows a correctly mounted DN TE probe.
Type: Total Energy
Number of Functions/Ports: 1
- Tube: Carbon fiber or black anodized aluminum (same price - carbon fiber recommended and in stock)
- Head: Nickel plated brass
- Tail: anodized aluminum
Overall Length: 760 mm (29.9 inches)
Protruding Length: 720 mm (28.3 inches)
Weight: 44 grams (1.55 ounces)
The probe should be mounted so the 2 tips are oriented horizontally - parallel to the wings.
- Works with ST1 mounting adapters
- Does not work with ST2, UN, or SUN mounting adapters
- Carbon Fiber (standard, in stock, Recommended), Order esa-DN-ST-Carbon-...
- Black anodized aluminum, Order esa-DN-ST-AL-...
- Diameter: 8 mm, Engagement Length: 30mm (required for Schempp-Hirth sailplanes built after 1998) - Most Popular
- Diameter: 8 mm, Engagement Length: 40mm
- Diameter: 6 mm, Engagement Length: 35 mm (common on LS sailplanes)
- Brands Esa systems
- Product Code: esa-DN-ST
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: te probe