PowerFLARM IGC Enable License
All PowerFLARM units are supplied with built-in GPS flight recorder. However, in some versions, the flight recorder is not IGC enabled - so flight logs generated by the unit can't be used to support a badge or record claim. IGC functionality can be enabled at any time by purchasing this enable license.
*** This option is included as standard with all PowerFLARM Core and Core Pure units purchased after February 1, 2016. It is not included as standard with PowerFLARM Portable units.
Note: Flight logs generated by the PowerFLARM without the IGC feature enabled can be used in the OLC (Online Contest). They may or may not be accepted at a soaring contest.
PowerFLARM Serial Number
To generate the license file, I'll need the full model number/serial number from your PowerFLARM. It should look something like: FLAPFC11A-000333. The serial number is printed on the end of the PowerFLARM Core - opposite the connectors. It can also be found in the PFC00xxx.TXT diagnostic file that is automatically written to a USB flash drive that is connected to the PowerFLARM at power-up.
The license is provided in a small text file that permanently enables the IGC functionality in a particular PowerFLARM unit. I save backups of the enable files on my computer, but I recommend that you back it up too - just in case it is ever needed again.
To enable the IGC functionality in your PowerFLARM:
- Purchase this enable key - Your FLARM's hardware serial number (not the IGC serial number) is required when you order. You will receive an email with the enable file within a few hours. It is a very small text file.
- Upgrade your PowerFLARM to the latest firmware version. This is an important step. The firmware is available at: https://flarm.com/support/firmware-updates/
- Save the enable file to a USB flash drive (PowerFLARM Core) or microSD memory card (PowerFLARM Portable).
- Plug the USB flash drive or microSD card into your PowerFLARM and power-up the PowerFLARM
- Wait about 1 minute.
- You can verify that the upgrade has been successful by looking at the contents of the "FLARMDEV.CSV" file that is saved to the USB flash drive or microSD memory card after the upgrade has been completed. The .CSV file can be opened in Notepad or Excel.
- Brands FLARM
- Product Code: FLARM-PowerFLARM-Enable-IGC
- Availability: In Stock