PowerFLARM Flarm Antenna Port B Enable License
All PowerFLARM units are supplied with a "FLARM B" antenna port. It can be connected to a 2nd FLARM antenna (receive only) which can be mounted in a location which improves all-around FLARM reception. However, the FLARM B antenna port is not enabled by default. It can be enabled at any time by purchasing this enable license.
The license is provided in a small text file that permanently enables the FLARM B antenna port functionality in a particular PowerFLARM unit. I save backups of the enable files on my computer, but I recommend that you back it up too - just in case it is ever needed again.
PowerFLARM Serial Number
To generate the license file, I'll need the full model number/serial number from your PowerFLARM. It should look something like: FLAPFC11A-000333. The serial number is printed on the end of the PowerFLARM Core - opposite the connectors. It can also be found in the PFC00xxx.TXT diagnostic file that is automatically written to a USB flash drive that is connected to the PowerFLARM at power-up.
The enable key must be ordered for your specific PowerFLARM unit - so please allow 48 hours for the reception of the enable file.
To enable the FLARM Antenna Port B functionality in your PowerFLARM:
- Purchase this enable key - Your FLARM's hardware serial number (not the IGC serial number) is required when you order. You will receive an email with the enable file within about 48 hours. It is a very small text file.
- Upgrade your PowerFLARM to the latest firmware version. This is an important step. The firmware is available at: https://flarm.com/support/firmware-updates/
- Save the enable file to a USB flash drive (PowerFLARM Core) or microSD memory card (PowerFLARM Portable).
- Plug the USB flash drive or microSD card into your PowerFLARM and power-up the PowerFLARM
- Wait about 1 minute.
- You can verify that the upgrade has been successful by looking at the contents of the "FLARMDEV.CSV" file that is saved to the USB flash drive or microSD memory card after the upgrade has been completed. The .CSV file can be opened in Notepad or Excel.
- Brands FLARM
- Product Code: FLARM-PowerFLARM-Enable-FLARMB
- Availability: In Stock