Wingtip Skids - Polymer (set of 2)
Set of 2 polymer wingtip skids. They are made from a clear amber-colored rubbery polymer material. Replaceable metal inserts are used to keep the skid from wearing away rapidly on hard surfaced runways. Teardrop shape to minimize drag.
- Remove old wing tip skid and get rid of all old cement residue with appropriate cleaner such as contact cement cleaner
- Test fit new wing tip skid onto wing. Sand area where skid is to be mounted slightly.
- Wipe contact surface of wing with acetone or similar light solvent and apply a thin, even layer of high quality automotive gasket silicone compound (blue or black) to the wing skid. Carefully apply the skid to the desired location. Fasten skid temporarily with tape.
- Remove excess silicone material as it is squeezed out when pressure is applied to the skid.
- Let sit for at least 3 hours, then carefully remove tape. Best adhesion takes at least 12 hours at normal temperatures.
Some of these are provided with the screws not installed. If you want to install the screw to reduce wear - Using a 3/16 drill bit, drill about a 3/4" deep hole in the thickest part of the skid and screw in the stainless steel screw.
Length: 5.9 inches (150 mm)
Width: 1.38 inches (35 mm)
Height 1.34 inches (34 mm)
Weight (each): 3.3 oz (94 g)
- Brands MZ Supplies
- Product Code: Wingtip-Skids-Polymer
- Availability: In Stock