PowerFLARM ENL (Engine Noise Level) Recording Enable License
All PowerFLARM units are supplied with built-in microphones for recording engine noise level - as required for motorglider badges and records and soaring contests. However, the ENL functionality is not enabled by default. It can be enabled at any time by purchasing this enable license.
Note: The ENL feature can only be enabled after PowerFLARM-Enable-IGC is enabled.
PowerFLARM Serial Number
To generate the license file, I'll need the full model number/serial number from your PowerFLARM. It should look something like: FLAPFC11A-000333. The serial number is printed on the end of the PowerFLARM Core - opposite the connectors. It can also be found in the PFC00xxx.TXT diagnostic file that is automatically written to a USB flash drive that is connected to the PowerFLARM at power-up.
The license is provided in a small text file that permanently enables the ENL functionality in a particular PowerFLARM unit. I save backups of the enable files on my computer, but I recommend that you back it up too - just in case it is ever needed again.
To enable the ENL functionality in your PowerFLARM:
- Purchase this enable key - Your FLARM's hardware serial number (not the IGC serial number) is required when you order. You will receive an email with the enable file within a few hours. It is a very small text file.
- Upgrade your PowerFLARM to the latest firmware version. This is an important step. The firmware is available at: https://flarm.com/support/firmware-updates/
- Save the enable file to a USB flash drive (PowerFLARM Core) or microSD memory card (PowerFLARM Portable).
- Plug the USB flash drive or microSD card into your PowerFLARM and power-up the PowerFLARM
- Wait about 1 minute.
- You can verify that the upgrade has been successful by looking at the contents of the "FLARMDEV.CSV" file that is saved to the USB flash drive or microSD memory card after the upgrade has been completed. The .CSV file can be opened in Notepad or Excel.
- Brands FLARM
- Product Code: FLARM-PowerFLARM-Enable-ENL
- Availability: In Stock