Cable, ILEC SN-10 (S/N: > 99) to Instrument Panel, PS-5a and FLARM or PowerFLARM
This cable is designed to enable a PDA or PNA and an SN-10 to be connected to a FLARM or PowerFLARM. It replaces the ILEC "Cockpit Panel Cable" and includes all the connections found in that cable. 5 cables exit the back of the DB-9m connector that plugs into the SN-10:
- A 0.5 m (19.7") cable goes to a "FLARM Input" switch that is used to select whether the FLARM receives data from the SN10 (SN10 task declarations) or the PDA (PDA task declarations and flight log downloads).
- A 0.5 m (19.7") cable goes to a "PDA Input" switch that is used to select whether GPS data goes directly to both the SN-10 and the PDA (for flight declarations and flight log downloads) or through the SN-10 to the PDA (for use in flight).
- A 0.5 m (19.7") cable goes to a DB-9f connector that is to be mounted in the instrument panel. This connector is used for data transfers to the SN-10 from a PC and for connection of the SN10-R remote control unit.
- A 0.5 m (19.7") cable goes to a DB-9f connector for the Goddard PS-5a power converter or Oudie Power/data cable. The PS-5a or Oudie power/data cable provide 5V power to the PDA or PNA and 12V power for the FLARM.
- A 1 m (39.4") cable goes to an RJ45 connector for the FLARM or PowerFLARM. This cable provides data and 12V power to the FLARM.
FLARM Input Switch Positions
- "SN10" - Used to send task declarations from the SN-10 to the FLARM.
- "PDA" - Used to send task declarations from the PDA to the GPS and for flight log downloads to the PDA.
PDA Input Switch Positions
- "FLARM/Declare" - FLARM output including both GPS data and FLARM traffic data is sent directly to both the PDA and the SN-10. This allows the flight recorder to respond directly to the PDA to acknowledge task declarations or download flight logs. Use only during task declarations and flight log downloads with SN-10 units with firmware version 2.31 or greater. Used at all times with SN-10 units with firmware version < 2.31.
- "SN10/Fly" - The PDA receives GPS and FLARM data from the SN-10. FLARM output is sent to the SN-10's "NMEA input" line. The SN-10 adds SN-10 data to the FLARM and GPS data stream and sends the data to the PDA. The SN-10's transmit line is connected to the PDA's receive line. Use this position when in flight or when not doing a task declaration or flightlog downloads.
- Brands Goddard
- Product Code: Goddard:SN10b-Pnl-PS5a-FLARM-1
- Availability: In Stock