Mountain High Equipment & Supply Company
Ground Support Equipment (GSE), Transfillers, Adapters and Accessories
Mountain High Home | EDS O2D1 | EDS O2D2 | Constant Flow | Cannulas & Face Masks | Cylinders | Regulators | Transfillers
Transfillers Home | Flex-Fill | Transfill Adapters for Built-In Oxygen Systems | Transfillers | Transfill Adapters
With Mountain High's line of oxygen transfillers and adapters you can refill your cylinder without making expensive trips back to an airport or compressed gas facility. Buy or rent a large oxygen cylinder and do your own refills in a fraction of the time and cost. Our oxygen transfillers have micro-particle filters at the inlets and outlets to help keep dirt out of your oxygen system to meet or exceed SAE, CGA and DOT specs.
Complete Transfilling System
A transfilling system is basically a large cylinder to be used to re-charge your airplane's cylinder. A transfill system can be used to fill multiple tanks at your gliderport, or you can take a tank with you on a soaring vacation or to a contest. The idea is to use a large cylinder to reduce the number of times you need to get oxygen from an oxygen supplier. If your airplane's oxygen system has a standard oxygen cylinder with a CGA-540 port, a complete system would include:
- Large cylinder (with CGA-540 port) such as an AL-1723-540 or AL-3452-540
- Transfill Adapter such as an TR-55-CGA-540 or TR-75b-CGA-540 or TR-95b-CGA-540 or TR-105b
If you want to build a large bank of cylinders you would simply add to the system above with multiple large tanks and MH-00GSE-1020-00 Cylinder Intercoupler Kits.
Cylinder Valve Port Types
There are 2 types of cylinder valve port types commonly used in aircraft. It is important to know which one is on your cylinder when ordering a regulator for it. The regulator attaches to this port.
- CGA-540 - US standard, Approximate outer diameter of threads: 0.875" (22.2 mm)
- DIN-477 - European standard, Approximate outer diameter of threads: 1" (25.4 mm)
CGA-540 Port Terminology
The terminology used to describe the "male" and "female" CGA-540 ports can be very confusing so it is difficult to get it right. That can be expensive if you order the wrong adapter. The best way to verify that you are ordering the right part is to look at the photos shown on this page. Below is an attempt at describing each port type - with photos.
- CGA-540 "N" port - The "N" stands for "nut" or "nipple". This port has "female" internal threads inside the nut. But it has a part that extends into the mating connector so it is sometimes called a "male" connector. Please refer to this port type as a CGA-540 "N" port.
- CGA-540 "S" port - The "S" stands for "socket". This port has "male" external threads but it is sometimes called a "female" connector because the mating connector fits into it. Please refer to this port type as a CGA-540 "S" port.