LET L-33 Sólo/TG-10D Peregrine Sailplane Model Kit
Resin Model Kit
Wing Span of Full Size Glider: 14.12 m (46 ft 5 in)
Wing Span of Model: 19.6 cm (7.7 inches)
Length: 9.2 cm (3.62 inches)
Designed in the 1990s, a single-seat, all metal sailplane with a glide ratio of 33:1.
Information from the LET web site:
"The high ratings of the L 33 Solo all-metal single-seat glider are the result of sophisticated design development incorporating the latest in the soaring technology. The comfort and ease of flight and it's durability make it and obvious choice for all soaring enthusiasts. It is intended for an advance training and a performance soaring.
Pilots who received their initial dual instructions in the L 13 Blanik or L 23 Blanik will find the transition to the L 33 Solo absolutely natural.
The L 33 Solo is an all-metal single-seat cantilever mid-high wing sailplane with a semi-monocoque fuselage, fixed gear and cantilevar T-tail surfaces. It is manufactured according to the requirements of JAR 22 and is Type Certified in the Czech Republic, USA, UK, Germany, Hungary, Canada, Japan and Argentina."
Wing Span: 14.12 m (46 ft 5 in)
Length: 6.62 m (21 ft 8 in)
Height: 1.43 m (4 ft 8 in)
Wing Area: 11 m² (118.4 ft²)
Wing Aspect Ratio: 18,12
Empty Weight: 210 kg 463 lbs
Maximum Take-Off Weight: 340 kg 750 lbs
Best Glide Ratio at 90 km/hr (49 knots): 33
Minimum Rate of Sink at 68 km/hr (37knots): 0.66 m/s 2.16 ft/s
Minimum Stalling Speed for 320 kg (705 lbs): 65 km/hr 35 knots
Maximum Allowed Speed: 248 km/hr 134 knots
Maximum Rough Air Speed: 158 km/hr 85 knots
Maximum Aero-Tow Speed: 158 km/hr 85 knots
Maximum Winch-Launching Speed: 130 km/hr 70 knots
G limits: +5,3 / -2,65
The kit includes:
- Complete Airframe
- Glazed Cockpit Canopy
- Photo-Etched Cockpit Detailing Set - including: Instrument Panels, Seat Harness and Air Brakes
- Cockpit Canopy Paint Mask
- Assembly and Painting Instructions
- 6-page Photographic 'In Detail' Supplement
- Decal Set
- LET L-33 Solo - N291BA — '95', Chicago/Rockford International Airport, 10th November 2005 - Owner: Curt Lewis Jr.
The photos below are of Curt Lewis Jr.'s Solo. Curt's comments: "I ordered my L33 direct from factory with just red wing and elevator tips to have it look more "contemporary". I added my "95" competition ID. My L33 was OFTEN mistaken for "glass" ... even sitting on the ground :) "
- LET L-33 Solo - OK-4404 — 'JW', Aeroklub Jihlava, Czech Republic
- LET L-33 Solo - OK-4407 — Aeroklub Beroun, Czech Republic
- TG-10D Peregrine — USAF Academy, 306th Flying Training Group, 94th Flying Training Squadron, 2002 to present
- LET — Letecké Závody Aircraft Corporation
The excellent book Sailplanes 1945 - 1965 by Martin Simons includes an excellent write-up, photos and scale drawings of this glider. A quote from the book, "To accompany the Blanik (L-23), a 14.12m span all metal single-seater for early solo pilots, the L-33 Solo was designed and successfully marketed. The prototype was entered in the design competition for the World Class but did not win."
- Brands Czech Master Resin
- Product Code: CzechMaster-LET-L-33-Solo
- Availability: In Stock