The FlarmView2 is a very small and full-featured display for use with FLARM and PowerFLARM products. It includes all the features of the FlarmView and adds the display of waypoints and airspace. It can be used to navigate to waypoints and around tasks. It also displays area tasks. What a cool feature! Now your FLARM display can be used as a backup (or main) navigation device. Of course, it can display FLARM traffic, ADS-B traffic and Mode C and Mode S transponder traffic. The user-interface consists of 4 pushbuttons which are easy to use in flight. The use of push-buttons allows the overall unit to be quite small (65 x 42 x 9 mm) - despite using the same size 320 x 240 pixel display as found on similar products. The display is easy to read in sunlight and can be configured with either a white or black background color. A built-in microSD memory card slot and included microSD card make software and FLARMNet upgrades extremely simple. The built-in speaker is very loud - which is important for traffic alerts.
The new waypoint, airspace, and task navigation features will be identical to the features shown in the LXNAV Nano3 overview video: http://youtu.be/SG6zwEtCs9k Of course, the FlarmView2 won't have a built-in battery or flight recorder as found in the Nano3.
Video overview of the LXNAV FlarmView, FlarmView2, and FlarmView57 remote FLARM displays. I show how to use the products and also put them into demo mode so you can see how they will display traffic and collision warnings.
- Become a Patron for $9.95/month to access the complete Soaring Product Training video series - plus discounts and free support. https://www.patreon.com/cumulussoaring/posts?tag=FlarmView
- Color Display
- Waypoints and airspace can be displayed
- Navigation to waypoints
- Display either relative altitude or climb rate or FLARM ID for every target
- Displays climb rate, relative altitude, distance and FLARM ID for the selected target
- 2" (5 cm) display
- QVGA resolution of 320 x 240 pixels
- Sunlight readable
- Background color can be set to white or black
- Small size, 65 x 42 x 9 mm (2.56 x 1.65 x 0.35 inches)
- Light weight: 25 g (0.9 oz)
- Extremely slim, 9 mm (0.35 inches)
- Screen size is exactly the same as competitive products, but use of push-buttons rather than a knob allows the FlarmView to be smaller - to more easiely fit on your instrument panel
- Foam adhesive tape is mounted on the back of the unit to make installation easy - just remove the backing and stick it on.
- Loud accoustic warning
- Color warnings
- Mode C/S transponder traffic is displayed (when available) as a dashed ring - since distance is known, but not direction
- microSD card slot and supplied microSD card are used for firmware and FlarmNet updates.
- ADS-B traffic is displayed (when available)
- Supports latest FLARM dataport specification v6
- Compatible with FLARM and PowerFLARM
- FlarmNet database and User database
- Intuitive user interface with 4 push-buttons
- 12V power required, Works great with PowerFLARM and many FLARM units, but not with devices which supply only 3.3V power for displays. A power adapter cable is available for use with devices that supply only 3.3V power.
- 70 mA @ 12V
- FlarmView display
- Power/data cable with RJ11 connector for connection to the back of the unit and RJ45 connector for connection to FLARM or PowerFLARM display port,
Cable Length: 24 inches (Let me know after ordering if you need a longer cable.)
- Printed manual
- RAM-A-FV-Std - Mounting Arm for FlarmView, FlarmView2, Nano, and Nano3
- RAM-A-FV-L - Mounting Arm, long, for FlarmView, FlarmView2, Nano, and Nano3
Details are available in the FlarmView manual which is available here.
The latest FlarmNet database can be downloaded at http://www.flarmnet.org.
Every FLARM owner should register their FLARM on the FlarmNet web site. Then users with the latest FlarmNet database will be able to see not just their FLARM ID, but also their contest number, name, glider type, etc. That makes it easy to know which nearby target is your soaring friend, etc.
- Brands LXNAV
- Product Code: LXNAV-FlarmView2
- Availability: In Stock