J Wing Tie-Down Kit - Heavy Duty
The JJ Wing Tie Down Kit is a simple, yet effective solution for anchoring your wings to the ground. This heavy-duty version is designed for use with large sailplanes and motorgliders. It is especially helpful if your glider does not have tie-down fittings. As you can see in the photo at right, the system uses a padded aluminum wing saddle and tie-down ratchet straps with 2 hooks. The wing saddle fits over the trailing edge of the wing and the straps run around the leading edge of the wing and down to the hooks for attachment to an anchor. The system is designed to be small and lightweight - so you can take it along with you on your cross-country soaring adventures.
Note: The saddle must be used on a wing surface with a fixed trailing edge - not on a moveable control surface.
- Strong Recommendation: A wing stand under each wing is highly recommended in windy or gusty conditions in which the wind exceeds ~25 mph. Home Depot sells a solid, variable height stand for about $15, or ladder with pad on top makes a solid inexpensive wing stand.
Anchors are not included.
- 2 padded aluminum wing saddles
- 2 tie-down ratchet straps with 2 hooks each. Width: 2", Length: 10 feet, Load Capacity: 4000 pounds, Working Load Limit: 1333 pounds
- Anchors or spikes or stakes for securing the system to the ground. For that you may want to consider the CLAW system.
- Width: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
- Length: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
- Weight of 2 wing saddles: 3.7 Lbs
- Weight of 2 tie-down ratchet straps: 4.75 Lbs
- Weight of complete kit (including 2 wing saddles and straps and hooks): 8.45 pounds (3.83 Kg)
- Brands JJ Sinclair
- Product Code: JJ-Wing-Tie-Down-Kit-HD
- Availability: In Stock