DN/UN - Total Energy Probe - V-Style - for UN and SUN mounting adapters
This "V" style TE Probe is the latest and highest performance TE probe available. It offers very good Total Energy compensation. It is exceptionally good at accommodating horizontal air movement caused by horizontal gusts or yawing of the aircraft. This version is compatible with UN and SUN multi-port mounting adapters - which have been built into many sailplanes.
Here's a nice sailplane high-speed / low-altitude pass video which clearly shows a correctly mounted DN TE probe.
Type: Total Energy
Number of Functions/Ports: 1
- Tube: Carbon fiber or black anodized aluminum (same price - carbon fiber recommended and in stock)
- Head: Nickel plated brass
Overall Length: 800 mm (31.50 inches)
Protruding Length: 720 mm (28.3 inches)
Weight: 37 grams (1.31 ounces)
"The differences were evident, first during the tow – 302 was faster but at the same time more stable, and then during entire flight. I was smiling as I landed – perfect K-1, fast and accurate indications during all phases of flight." - Andy Smielkiewicz -
"”to be able to see on the vario what “my behind” feels is great, to get that on a brand new glider – that has never happened to me during my almost 40 years of competition flying”… - Stan Wujczak
The probe should be mounted so the 2 tips are oriented horizontally - parallel to the wings.
- Works with UN and SUN mounting adapters
- Does not work with ST1, or ST2 mounting adapters
- Carbon Fiber (standard, in stock), Order esa-DN-UN-Carbon
- Black anodized aluminum (special order), Order esa-DN-UN-AL
- Brands Esa systems
- Product Code: esa-DN-UN
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: te probe