Socket Mobile Power Pack
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
High-Capacity Lithium Ion Battery, 5V, 7.2 AHr
This is an excellent option for pilots using a PDA or PNA or Oudie as a portable soaring flight computer system or a ReplayXD video camera. The it is a very small battery with a large capacity so that it can run your PDA or PNA or Oudie or ReplayXD video camera all day.
If you want to connect it to an iPAQ, you may need an iPAQ Power Adapter (HP Part Number: 274707-B21 or FA133AAC3). The iPAQ Power Adapter is included with every iPAQ but if you don't have it you will want to order that option. It will connect directly to any Dell Axim Pocket PC without any adapter.
The Socket Mobile Power Pack was able to power my iPAQ 310 Travel Companion for just over 9 hours and 15 minutes. During the test the iPAQ 310's backlight was at full brightness and the built-in GPS was working. The test was done with my 3 year old Socket Mobile Power Pack. A new unit would probably last even longer.
No power outlet available? Carrying too many AC adapters? Socket’s got the solution!
Now you can re-charge your portable electronic devices where ever you go. From coffee shops to train stations, on the plane or on the road Socket’s Mobile Power Pack is your essential power companion.
The Mobile Power Pack replaces multiple charging adapters with a hi-capacity, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that allows you to power up your devices multiple times on a single charge. It’s easy to carry and has the flexibility to charge mobile phones, media players, PDAs, digital cameras and more! Circuit protection ensures that there are no over or under voltages that may harm your device as well a light meter that let’s you know when the battery is 90% depleted. It features a USB plug for devices that can be charged through a USB port.
The Mobile Power Pack eliminates the hassle of carrying around charging adapters, extra batteries and travel converters. Just plug your PSP, mobile phone, Smartphone, Pocket PC, palmOne device, BlackBerry, GPS receiver, Bluetooth headset, Socket products or MP3 player into the Mobile Power Pack with an adapter and experience the convenience.
Charge and power: (Compatibility Matrix)
- Pocket PCs, palmOne devices, PDAs, BlackBerry devices
- Mobile Phones and Smart Phones
- Media Players (iPod & PSP) and Digital Cameras
- Socket Cordless Products
- Powerful 5 volt Lithium Ion Battery
- 7,200 mAh rated capacity
- Charges/runs using device’s standard DC connector or USB port
- Low Battery & Battery Charging LEDs
- Replaces the need to carry multiple power adapters with a single power source.
- Rechargeable – can be charged again and again, without memory effect
- Stylish Leather Case, Travel Pouch, Popular plugs for PDAs, Phones and Cameras are included
- A/C Adapter with 4 international wall plugs for USA/Europe/UK/Aust
- Circuit protection, for over-voltage, under-voltage and shorting
- On/Off Switch for complete battery disconnection and reset capability
- Battery voltage monitoring capability to indicate when battery is depleted 90%
- Automatically regulates voltage when discharging and charging
- Current over draw protection
- Small and Lightweight – Easy to carry in any backpack or travel bag (4” x 3” x 1”) 11oz
The Mobile Power Pack contains a USB charging port that is designed to accept the readily available USB charging cables on the market. Due to unique electrical requirements and the wide variability of the physical connectors on some electronic devices such as palmOne devices and Sony Ericsson mobile phones, the user will need an adapter that converts their unique connector to USB.
The Mobile Power Pack will charge the newer iPods with color screens, the newer iPod minis with color on the dial wheel and the iPod Shuffle right out of the box. (iPod adapter included). The older iPods (3G, 4G and Minis) require a special adapter. See compatibility chart.
For devices that do not include a barrel charging jack, a charging USB connector, or an adapter that is not included with the Mobile Power Pack, see compatibility chart and web links to purchase adapters and cables.
Weight: 312 g/11 oz
Dimensions: L x W x H: 4 x 3 x 1 in (101.6 x 76.2 x 25.4 mm)
Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium ion
Rated Capacity: 7,200 mAh Standard Charge/ Discharge
Nominal Capacity: 4.4 Ah @ 5 Volts
Recharge Time: Approx. 7 hours from a state of full discharge
Temperature Range: 0-60°C
Humidity Range: 45-75% rel. humidity
Cycle Life: >500 cycles (85%) under standard charging (5 volts @ 2 Amps) and discharging (5 Volts @ 500 mAh) conditions.
Charging Voltage/Input: +5 volts @ 3 Amps Max. Jack accepts a 4.0 x 1.65 mm DC power plug.
The Mobile Power Pack must connect to an electrical outlet via the A/C Charger. The A/C charger can remain connected for an indefinite period of time without overcharging or damaging the batteries. Contains integrated circuits that monitor voltage and tops-off the batteries as required by pulses of charging current.
The included wall charger (AC Adapter) is designed for use in the USA, UK, Europe, and Australia.
Discharge Voltage/Output: +5 volts @ 1.8 Amps. Recessed jack accepts a USB Type A receptacle (any USB sync/charging cord can be used).
The Mobile Power Pack comes with monitoring circuits to indicate two discharge levels. The first level occurs when the battery is discharged to 85% — at this point, the yellow LED will blink. At the second trip point, the 5 volt output is disabled, and the output will discharge at a lower voltage until it falls to zero volts. For short circuits, or loads that cause a current drain in excess of 2 amps, the battery protection mechanism will respond and disconnect the units' output. To reset the Mobile Power Pack, you simply switch it from ON to OFF and back to ON. In the OFF state, all power is removed from the output. In the ON state, the power will restore all circuits to a connected status.
- Low Battery LED (yellow)
- Charging LED (red)
- Apple iPod Charging Cable (For the newer Mini iPod, iPod Shuffle and iPods with color)
- 6 volt Booster (Nokia Phones & other 6v devices)
- Palm Charging Cable for Treo 650, T5 and LifeDrive
- Retractable USB Cable
- 2.5 mm Barrel connector/adapter to USB (BT Heads, LG, Kyocera)
- 3.5 mm Barrel connector/adapter to USB (Nokia Phones, Cameras, Garmin)
- 4.0 mm Barrel connector/Cable to USB (Standard for Pocket PCs)
- Travel Pouch - (Helps to keep all the pieces together)
- A/C Adapter for USA, Europe, UK and Australia
Regulatory Compliance: FCC, IC, ETL, CE
Socket Mobile Power Pack
- Brands Socket
- Product Code: Socket Mobile Power Pack
- Availability: Out Of Stock