Condensation Free Allweather Covers
What was once covered in Denmark - now has a new home in Southern Germany
The name Jaxida, honours Verner Jaxland, the company’s founder and cover designer. Since 1992 Jaxida has made the world’s finest glider covers. To create the name he coupled his nick name “Jaxi” with “da” for his native Denmark.
In 2009 the Schwenks, a well known gliding family, purchased the company and are proud to further develop Jaxi’s ideas and to produce Jaxida covers in their home town of Münsingen, Germany.
The story begins with Verner Jaksland realising he needed to protect his expensive ASW22 glider from damaging UV radiation, condensation, dirt and rain. However he did not want to de-rig his glider each night. So he developed a unique combination of high quality fabrics and carefully shaped them perfectly fit his glider. This was so successful he went on to design and manufacture beautifully crafted, easy to use covers for almost every type of glider.
Today Verner’s Jaxida covers are the benchmark for cover performance and famous throughout the global gliding community. His high performance Jaxida covers are seen on more gliders by far than any other make. Now there are also products to cover microlight aircraft, boats and motor cars. Jaxida has become synonymous with quality, service, research and development and innovative design.
The Schwenk family have been cutting cloth and selling clothes since 1843. Uli, a German National Champion regularly travels the world competing in International Gliding Grand Prix and World Championships. He knows how important a glider’s cover can be in harsh environments found in places like Nevada, Europe, New Zealand, Southern Africa and Chile. Before buying the company in 2009 Uli was the German Jaxida agent so he knows the product inside out.
Uli's daughter Daniela, brought up in both gliding and the “rag trade”, understands production, fabric development and above all the personalized service that glider pilots demand.
Jaxida has an exciting future!
At the 2006 World Championship in Eskildstuna, Sweden JAXIDA Covers were represented on 53 of the 120 participating gliders! In fact, Jaxida has sold more than 5000 sailplane covers to customers around the world. They are known for their Allweather Covers, but they also make very nice Dust Covers and Canopy Covers.
I have recently learned that Jaxida Covers imported into the United States are being charged duty/tariff of 8.8%. In May of 2010 UPS charged me 8.8% for duty plus fixed charges of $25 for "Govt. Charges Other Than Duties" (UPS handling fees) plus another $6 for "Brokerage Fees" (more UPS handling fees). Please expect to pay similar charges on your Jaxida covers upon arrival.
Types of Covers
Jaxida produces two types of covers. Allweather Covers (for use outside) and Dust Covers (for use indoors - such as in a hangar).
Both types of covers are available as complete aircraft covers or as cockpit covers (short and long versions).
- Multi layers in unique, strong materials
- Fabrics tested for UV radiation and durability
- Water proof
- Protection from rain, dirt and even some grain
- Self polishing action
- Many years of production experience
- Perfect fit
- Easy and convenient for one person to put on and remove
- Attached cover bag which is water proof on the ground side
- Excellent service and customer satisfaction
- Jaxida Covers ensure you’re always ready for take off
Make the most of your precious recreation time. Now with less effort you can have more time in the air and keep your aircraft protected by the Jaxida Allweather Cover.
The Jaxida Allweather Covers are double layered. The outer fabric is made from a specially manufactured waterproof and UV coated material and the lining is a cotton mix which forms a soft protective layer over your aircraft which is free from condensation.
All Jaxida Allweather Covers are individually manufactured for each type of aircraft.
- Protects against UV-radiation, scratches, dirt, rain, dust and smaller sices of grain. That way your aircraft can stay fully rigged in all weather conditions.
- Self polishing action in the wind and while mounting and dismounting, your expensive surface finish will remain in good condition for longer.
- The condensation on your wing will be led out in the wind by our special lining material
- The covers are easily fitted and removed by one person
- Best protection during competitions, over the weekend and throughout the flying season
- Jaxida Allweather Covers are robust and light in weight (10-20kg, depending on the wingspan and the width)
- They take very little room when neatly folded
- Washable at 30°C
The complete set of Jaxida Allweather Covers consists of:
- Jaxida Allweather Cockpit Cover
- Jaxida Allweather Wing Covers
- Jaxida Allweather Fuselage Cover
- Jaxida Allweather Horizontal stabilizer Cover
- Jaxida Allweather Vertical stabilizer Cover
The complete set of Jaxida Dust Covers consists of:
- Jaxida Dust Cockpit Cover
- Jaxida Dust Wing Covers
- Jaxida Dust Rear Fuselage Cover
- Jaxida Dust Horizontal Stab Cover
Jaxida Dust Covers are pale blue and of non waterproof fabric. Each Cover is individually fitted for each type of aircraft, light and airy and have storage bags integrated into the wing covers.
Jaxida Cockpit Covers can be produced as a Jaxida Dust Cover or as a Jaxida Allweather Cover.
- the Jaxida Cockpit Cover insulates the cockpit and protects the windscreen against dirt and scratches effectively
- it’s light in weight – approx. 0,7 to 1,5 kg according to size and if allweather or dust.
- neatly folded it is so small you can always carry it with you in the aircraft
- packed into the integrated bag, it can be used as a small cushion or neck- / backrest
- washable in a domestic washing machine
Jaxida does not have a printed price list. To get a quote please send me an e-mail and I'll get a quote from Jaxida in about 1 week. Request Quote
The prices are in Euros so the prices in US dollars fluctuate with currency exchange rates. Therefore it is difficult to know exactly how much they will cost until they are shipped and I have sent payment to them. Also, it is difficult to estimate the shipping cost accurately, so there may be some fluctuation in the shipping cost when compared with the estimated shipping cost.
- All Weather Covers
- Single Seater: $2190 to $2995
- Double Seater: $2480 to $3120
- Motorglider, Ultralight, etc.: $2255 to $3080
- Dust Cover (full set): 1/2 the price of All Weather Covers
- Cockpit Covers: $320 to $575
Estimated Shipping to the USA
- All Weather Covers: $300
- Dust Covers: $180
- Canopy Covers: $75
The standard lead-time is about 4 weeks. It is likely to be longer during the spring.
The factory will ship the covers directly to you from the factory in Germany.
Covers are Currently Available for the Aircraft Types Below
New types are constantly being developed
The covers are made to order, so it is possible to add options such as winglets, holes for tie-down, holes for solar panels, etc.
If your sailplane is not listed below, don't worry! We can measure your sailplane and produce a tailored Jaxida Cover that is perfect for your needs. Just call or write us an e-mail with the details of your sailplane.
If your motorglider is not listed below, don't worry! We can measure your motorglider and produce a tailored Jaxida Cover that is perfect for your needs. Just call or write us an e-mail with the details of your motorglider.
If your powered aircraft is not listed below, don't worry! We can measure your powered aircraft and produce a tailored Jaxida Cover that is perfect for your needs. Just call or write us an e-mail with the details of your powered aircraft.
If your ultralight aircraft is not listed below, don't worry! We can measure your ultralight aircraft and produce a tailored Jaxida Cover that is perfect for your needs. Just call or write us an e-mail with the details of your ultralight.
There are also covers available for several separate parts:
- Windows for solar panels
- Propeller Cover
- Antenna Cover
- Small window