click on the images above to view larger versions
The H+H company was established in the Czech Republic as soon as possible, after the so called "Velvet revolution" in 1989. This company specialized in model production only. With the entry of Mr. Potmesil into the company, the name changed to HpH and we started to develop and produce full size gliders as well.
The models created by HpH are fantastic. As you can see in their Model Brochure and the images above, the models are museum quality, detailed scale models of real aircraft. They are not unassembled model kits, they are detailed finished models. Each model is made to match the original full-size aircraft - including paint schemes, contest and registration numbers, and cockpit details. The detailing is accomplished using customer provided photos of the original aircraft. The basic material (epoxy resin and glass cloth laminate in negative molds) is the same as used for their full-size sailplane production. This ensures long lasting shape stability of the models. The colors inside the cockpit and on the outside surfaces are permanent. They are much more expensive than unassembled model kits, but they are worth every penny.
Great For Promoting Soaring
These lovely models look great hanging over or sitting on your desk at work, or sitting in a display counter at the local gliderport. They are a great way to encourage friends and colleagues to ask you about soaring. Just think how many more people would ask you about soaring if you had one of these models prominently and proudly displayed! They are also great to admire while waiting for your new full-size glider to be delivered, or while waiting for spring as your glider is hibernating in its trailer for the winter. They also work great as display models in aviation museums.
"We don't produce low-cost and simple models.
On the contrary, we aim to deliver the best models with any accurate detail right according to customers wish.
We prefer quality to quantity.
We specialize in production of high detailed hand made models for those who are able to assess value of our work.
The basis of our energy is high exactness and individuality.
And we seek customers who appreciate this.
They often collect our works analogous to pictures in frame.
However, our models are 3D, based on ever lasting material (certified to be used for flying aircraft, i.e. epoxy resin and glass cloth hand laminated in negative molds), small vacuum sprayed parts and hundreds of working hours, i.e. long time experience and development.
The final customers for our products are not just consuming our work. They are a little bit others, their target isn't just to use and to throw away.
In many cases they help to find out the best building documentation, not only 3 view drawings but they make a lot of pictures of the concrete airplane and finally order a special piece which will be delivered in half a year at the soonest."
Available Models (Others Available Upon Request)
|Sailplanes (GRP = fiberglass)|
Two Detail Levels Available
Ultimate Version - With Detailed Cockpit
The cockpit is fully equipped with every small detail, even with the map or snack the pilot left in there when taking pictures of it. Canopy colored as the original, i.e. clear, or blue tinted or green tinted, etc.
Without Detailed Cockpit
The cockpit isn't equipped at all. The canopy is painted to match the original glider in light grey (meaning canopy is clear), light blue (canopy is blue tinted), or light green (canopy is green tinted).
Details Included With All Models
- Paint Scheme: i.e. registration & contest letters, logos, emblems, markings, etc., according to pictures sent by email or description
- Stand included (the model itself has no main wheel), or fixed wheel (€ 19 extra) (no stand)
- Wings are detachable (gliders only - wings are permanently attached on motorgliders and power planes)
Details To Be Provided By Customer Before Work On the Model Can Begin
- Photos of the real glider from all angles, including:
- Paint scheme details
- Registration and contest numbers
- Aircraft left side
- Aircraft right side
- Top of wings
- Underside of wings (Including contest cumbers or other markings on underside of wing, or a description of them)
- Cockpit from above
- Cockpit looking back at seatback(s)
- Cockpit left and right sidewalls
- instrument panel(s)
- close-ups of all logos, emblems, markings, etc.
- 3-view drawing from the Flight Manual or description of specific features
- Canopy tint: clear (no tint), blue, green, dark gray, etc.
- If the colors differ from the real glider, please specify them using the Federal Standard Colors or similar.
- Specify either stand (model has no landing gear) or with landing gear extended (€ 19 extra)
- For auxiliary powered sailplanes, specify engine retracted, or extended (€ 79 extra)
The customer will pay for shipping from the Czech Republic to Cumulus Soaring, Inc. After taking photos of the model here in Minnesota, it will be forwarded to the customer at no charge. An estimate of the shipping cost is € 50 ($68).
These are custom models, created by artists. The standard lead-time is 6 months - after receipt of complete details and photos from the customer.