Laister-Kauffmann LK-10 (TG-4) Sailplane Model Kit
Note: This model kit is a little more expensive because it includes some very nice features, such as a painted photo-etched detail set (see photo at right) and a paint mask for detailing the cockpit canopy.
Resin Model Kit
Wing Span of Full Size Glider: 15.2 m (50.0 feet)
Wing Span: 21.2 cm (8.3 inches)
Length: 9.0 cm (3.5 inches)
Designed in the USA by Jack Laister in 1941. It was a two seat training glider.
This kit includes some very nice features:
- Complete airframe
- Glazed cockpit canopy (2)
- Painted photo-etched detailing set with seat harnesses and instrument panels, etc. (see photo at right)
- Cockpit canopy paint mask (see photo at right - It's tough to see the cut-outs in the photo, but they are also shown in the assembly instructions.)
- Assembly and painting instructions
- 2 page "in detail" supplement
- Decal set
The excellent book Sailplanes 1920 - 1945 by Martin Simons includes an excellent write-up, photos and scale drawings of this glider. A quote from the book, "When the US Army needed two seat sailplanes for the wartime training program, Laister offered his services and was commissioned to design a two seat version of the Yankee Doodle 2. Like its single seat predecessor, it had wooden wings and steel tube fuselage, the seats in tandem with the usual vision problems for the rear pilot. ... Production began in 1942 and 156 were completed. After the war, surplus sailplanes were sold cheaply and became popular sporting sailplanes. Many national records were broken in the type. A few remain in service."
- Brands Czech Master Resin
- Product Code: CzechMaster-LK-10-TG-4
- Availability: In Stock