The new FlarmView+ is a very small and simple display for use with FLARM and PowerFLARM products. It is exactly the same size as teh FlarmLED, but adds a nice numeric range display (configurable for distances in miles, nautical miles, or km). It can display FLARM traffic warnings. It can also display warnings for ADS-B traffic and Mode C and Mode S transponder traffic. The user-interface consists of a single pushbutton which is easy to use in flight. The built-in speaker is very loud - which is important for traffic alerts.
Innovative Touch Pad eliminates the need for a push button
Touch the front side of FlarmLED+ to adjust volume of beep, turn on/off near mode, or adjust settings (distance units, etc.) of the display. Initial settings can be configured in setup.
If more than one target is in the neighborhood, the closest target will be displayed with yellow LED constantly on (not blinking). All other targets will blink in yellow color.
The numeric distance display and vertical angle lights indicate the direction and distance to the closest target.
Very Small Size
Note: This unit is very small. From the images, you may imagine that it is about the same size as a FlarmView display. It is only about 2/3 as wide as a FlarmView rectangular display - being only 1.65 inches (42 mm) wide and 0.98 inches (25 mm) tall. The dimensions are listed below and shown in the drawing at right. Don't get me wrong - small is good - it will fit into small places on your panel that other displays wouldn't fit. The user-interface is so simple that it is very easy to read at a glance - despite its small size.
Although I'm impressed with the extremely small size and extremely simple user-interface, I prefer the FlarmView's graphical display. The moving map display on the FlarmView makes it easy to determine at a glance whether nearby traffic is coming directly at you, or merely passing by. That is tougher to determine with the FlarmLED and FlarmLED+ unit's simple lights.
- 12 bright 2-color LEDs indicate the direction of other aircraft
- 5 LEDs indicate the vertical angle to the traffic
- 3 LEDs for GPS, RX, and TX
- Touch Pad - for adjusting audio volume, settings, etc.
- Very loud audio warning
- Near mode - displays targets in yellow if they are nearby but not a threat
- Configurable baudrates
- Double-seater configuration - setup on display as the master and all others as slaves
- Compatible with all FLARMs and POWERFlarms
- The small size is easy to install in the tightest of panels
- Supports all FLARM warnings found in the FLARM 6.0 specification
- Displays non-directional traffic warnings - (Mode C and Mode S transponder traffic) - when connected to a device such as a PowerFLARM Core which supports those traffic types
- 9 to 36 V DC
- 10 mA @ 12V (120mW)
Size and Weight
- Size: 42 x 25 x 5 mm (1.65 x 0.98 x 0.20 inches)
- Weight: 10 g (0.35 ounces)
- FlarmLED+ display
- Power/data cable with RJ11 connector for connection to the back of the unit and RJ45 connector for connection to FLARM or PowerFLARM display port,
Cable Length: 24 inches (Let me know after ordering if you need a longer cable.)
- Printed manual
Details are available in the FlarmLED+ manual which is available here.
- Brands LXNAV
- Product Code: LXNAV-FlarmLED+
- Availability: In Stock